Giving to the Church & Gift Aid
The weekly collection in church is vital to ensure the parish continues with financial stability. It maintains the buildings including the Parish Centre, heating and lighting, all manner of repairs are needed across the whole site each year, decorating, vestments, salaries, allowances, tuning the organ, Mass supplies (wine, hosts, candles, etc), our contribution upkeep to the Diocese, Council Tax… The list is endless! The parish is barely breaking even at the moment, so it is important that we all do our bit to help maintain our parish community.
How can I give to the Church?
There are five ways to donate:
1) To make a donation to the parish please contact the parish office by phone 01582 662710 or by email:
2) To use the Donation page on the main Diocesan website go direct to: to https://northamptondiocese.org/donate/
3) To use the card reader at the rear of the church next to the Repository.
4) Use the collection plate after Mass.
5) Use the donation webpage URL for the parish. This is live and ready to take donations.
Are you a UK tax payer?
IF YOU GIVE TO THE CHURCH, GIFT AID IT!!
Gift Aid is a brilliantly easy way to increase the donations that you are currently giving to the Parish at Mass by 25%, without actually giving anything extra!
If you are a UK taxpayer, the scheme enables that for every pound that you give, the Parish will get back an additional 25p from the Inland Revenue.
What is required for this refund to be obtained?
- You must be a UK taxpayer and pay an amount of income tax at least equal to the amount of any refund reclaimed by the Parish on your donations;
- You must complete a Gift Aid Declaration (see below)
- Your contributions must be easily identified as coming from you.
How does the system work?
- You can make your contributions to the Church by Weekly Numbered Envelope (supplied by the Parish), Standing order (see form below) or Cheque.
- Gift Aid is not a binding commitment – the actual money that you donate is entirely up to you.
- If you stop paying Income Tax, or wish to cancel, the Declaration can be immediately cancelled.
- Gift Aid payments are completely confidential.
Gift Aid Declaration Form
The form simply asks you to give your name and address and your consent so that all your donations can be treated as Gift Aid donations. You should sign and date the form. ONE MINUTE IS ALL IT TAKES. Then return it to the Presbytery.
Please contact the Parish Office on 01582 662710 if you have any questions on the Gift Aid scheme.
Please download a Gift Aid Declaration Form.
This form must be printed double-sided so that all the back-page information is seen by the donor.
If you wish to promise a regular amount to the church, through a standing order from your bank, each month, quarter or year, please complete this form and return it to the presbytery. We will forward it to your bank.
If you do not wish to commit to a regular standing order but want to give by weekly envelopes, please complete this form ignoring the Bank Standing Order section. Then return it to the presbytery. The Parish Office will supply you with a box of Weekly Numbered Envelopes.
Legacy / Bequests
Have you considered leaving a gift to the Church (through Catholic Charities), or the parish here at St Marys, in your will?
These gifts are a wonderful and lasting way to continue to support the Church’s ministry and mission and help meet the needs of future generations.
If you have not updated your will recently, or are in the process of getting round to it, please consider The Church / The Parish in your will.